We all know that it is important to include a variety of plant-based foods into our daily diets. These are the types of foods that help us feel energized, promote good digestion, boost our moods, and help us sleep at night. But what happens if you are just too busy to eat these types of foods? It can take a lot of time to prep them and get them ready for your meal! That’s why I am loving the line of steamed foods from Melissa’s Produce. These products make it easy to incorporate a variety of nutrient-dense veggies, nuts, and beans into your daily diet!
I recently had the pleasure of trying out Melissa’s Peeled and Steamed Beets, Steamed Artichoke Hearts, and Peeled and Steamed Garbanzo Beans. I used all of these products in a delicious salad recipe, which I’ve included below this post. What I love about these products is the fact that they are all ready-to-eat! You just open up the packaging and you are good to go. All of the products I used in this recipe are non-gmo and free from any chemical preservatives or additives. Best of all? They taste fresh and delicious. The garbanzo beans are packed with protein, iron, and folate. The beets are wonderful for giving the body a boost of vitamins A and C while the artichoke hearts are a great source of fiber.
Learn more about this line of products by visiting www.melissas.com and be sure to give this recipe a try!
Quinoa Beet Salad
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 Melissa’s Produce Peeled and Steamed Beets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup Melissa’s Produce Peeled and Steamed Garbanzo Beans
- 1/4 cup Melissa’s Produce Steamed Artichoke Hearts
- 1 cup cooked organic, cage-free chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar or liquid aminos
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- Sea salt and pepper
Directions: In a large salad bowl, add all of the salad ingredients and toss until well mixed. In a smaller bowl, add all the dressing ingredients. Mix the dressing together using a fork and then drizzle the dressing on the salad ingredients. Toss the salad to ensure the dressing is evenly coating the ingredients.