In the mood for a simple yet unique breakfast recipe? Then give this little gem a try! Not only is it easy to make, it is loaded with nutrients to help you look and feel your best. Asparagus is packed with vitamin A, K, C, and E. It’s also a great source of fiber and potassium. The added baby tomatoes are packed with immune-boosting antioxidants and are a great source of lycopene.
- 1 Tbsp cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cage-free organic eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (I use the So Delicious brand)
- 3 or 4 organic asparagus spears, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- A handful of organic baby tomatoes, sliced in half
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS: Heat the olive oil in your skillet on medium-high heat. Add the asparagus and cook until they are tender (about five minutes). Whisk the eggs and coconut milk in a bowl. Add this mixture to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Let cook for about five more minutes or until the egg is fully cooked. Serve the omelet up on a plate with the tomatoes placed around the edges. Season with sea salt and pepper. Enjoy!