Sesame seeds in a smoothie? Yes please! Did you know that sesame seeds are a good source of iron, vitamin B1, digestive-health-supporting dietary fiber, and sleep-promoting tryptophan? They are also rich in lignin phytonutrients, sesamin and sesamolin, which have been found to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. The bananas in this smoothie provide a good dose of potassium and fiber while the apple juice adds some powerful antioxidants to the mix. Give this smoothie a try today!
Sesame and Apple Juice Banana Smoothie
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds (toasted lightly…if you like sesame seeds, I suggest toasting a big batch and storing them for later use)
- 2 bananas, cut into chunks
- 1/2 C fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 1/2 C organic apple juice
- 1 1/4 C almond or coconut milk
Add all ingredients to your blender and mix until smooth. Pour into a large glass. Serve and enjoy!